Women are a gift!Abigail Borquaye
Our Support Groups
All our support groups are free, why not join us today.
We believe that women are a gift, and we conduct support groups for women who have become victims of circumstance.
Families often spend years in isolation, watching their loved ones waste away with abuse, drug /alcohol or other forms of addiction, ashamed of this behavior by their children, brother/sister, husband or wife and feeling guilty about their inability to help them. Understandably, they are reluctant to seek expert support for the wider family for fear of being judged.
We understand, and for this reason our facilitator is a qualified counsellor with extensive experience working with families for over 10 years before she started her training in 2009.
Our Support Groups Are:
- Drug/Alcohol abuse – For families affected by, meeting twice per month, please see our calendar below for the next date (see below for location).
- Domestic Violence – For families affected by, meeting twice per month, please see our calendar below for the next date (see below for location).
The Benefits of our Support Groups:
This takes the form of providing and evaluating relevant information, personal experience, listening to and being listened to, for sympathetic understanding.
What to expect from our Support Meetings:
Qualified professionals that have worked with addictions/abuse will visit the support group from time to time, with their expertise on how to support loved ones.
- Access to resources
- Reducing depression
- Reducing isolation
- Addressing shame
What to Expect:
- Sitting together as a family
- No stereotyping
- A confidential and safe space
- Women with similar issues would be there
- Fortnightly meetings
Our Support Groups
Venue: Aldebert Terrace, Stockwell, London SW8 1BJ
Tube: 5 minutes walk from Stockwell tube station
Buses: Served by the following buses; 2, 88 and 196
- Venue: Alderbert Terrace, Stockwell, London SW8 1BJ
- Tube Station: 5 minutes walk from Stockwell tube station
- Buses: Served by the following buses; 2, 88 and 196.
Domestic Violence Statistics:
- 1 in 4 women, and 1 in 6 men are affected by domestic violence in their lives
- This leads to 2 women being murdered each week, and 30 men being murdered each year
- These statistics come from the UK domestic abuse charity, Living With Abuse (LWA).