Feel you could benefit from some one on one counseling? Please give us a call.
Who needs counselling (and what is it)?
Counselling is a type of talking therapy that allows a person to talk about their problems and feelings in a confidential and dependable environment. A counsellor is trained to listen with empathy (by putting themselves in your shoes). They can help you deal with any negative thoughts and feelings you have. Sometimes the term “counselling” is used to refer to talking therapies in general, but counselling is also a type of therapy in its own right. [This definition of counselling comes from the NHS Choices website. For the rest of the article, please click here.]
The Healing Wings Support Counsellors
At Healing Wings Support, you will always have the help of fully qualified counsellors and members of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), to support you through any difficult times.
How to tell if you need counselling
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, then you may need counselling (and we are here to help):
- Has your relationship (with your partner or children) become poor and negative?
- Is someone’s behaviour stopping you moving forward?
- Are you walking on eggshells most of the time?
- Are you just coping or living like roommates?
- Are you dealing with betrayal or unfaithfulness?
- Do you feel you cannot forgive ?
- Are you staying together with your partner for the sake of the children?
- Are you harbouring hidden emotional pain that you cannot tell anyone about?
We specialise in and are deeply committed to working with women and families.
We offer a safe and confidential space in which to help clients work through the following:
- Alcohol or drug addiction
- Domestic violence
- Mental health conditions
- Relationship issues
- Dealing with un-forgiveness and bitterness,
- Separation, divorce and step-family life.
Examples of the therapies offered include:
- Emotional focus therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Person centered Solution – focused brief therapy.
Venue of our sessions:
- Beasley’s Yard, High Street, Uxbidge , Middlesex UB8 1JU, and
- Whitton / Hounslow |Middlesex TW4
We are qualified to help you.
Below are the questions that most clients, and families of clients, ask with regards to our counselling service.
How long do sessions last?
Sessions last for 50 minutes for individuals, 1 hour for couples, and 1.5 hours for families.
How regular are the sessions?
Our counsellors see clients once a week
How are sessions managed/supervised?
All counselling work is supervised monthly in accordance to BACP requirements
When are sessions generally available?
Day, Evening and Weekend appointments are available, but may vary from location to location.
How long term or short term are the sessions?
We offer short or long term therapy
What is the process for being referred to one of your counsellors?
We take referrals from GPs, from organisations, and from self referrals.
How do you help patients/clients?
In essence, our goal is to help clients/patients move from point A to point B in their life.
These are deeply personal issues. Is it okay to discuss them with your counsellors?
Yes, we understand and we offer a safe and confidential space for all clients.
Calendar – Our Support Group Sessions:
We run regular Support Groups every two weeks. Please have a look at our schedule, at the bottom of the “Support Group” page, or press this link.